Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Did I influnce World of Warcraft a little? Maybe.




I made a portfoli web page back in 2001 (the bottom image) and i noticed this cosmic map in Burning Crusade in 2007. Notice anything simiar? A Blizzard producer once told me the art in Curse of Monkey Island blew away the art in the Warcraft Adventure game and so they decided to cancel it. And when I interviewed the Art Director for WOW and aske dis puerto Pollo from CMI was the inpsiartion for Booty Bay, he said it was defineitly one of them. So my thinking is maybe they looked at my web page and were inspired by that too? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think it's possible... of course it could be a subconscious thing, but if they stole... er... were inspired by Puerto Pollo, why not by your portfolio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's like Ron Gilbert got the idea during the PotC-ride of Disney Land and they used ideas of Ron for the own PotC movie. Hey it's normal, that everyone takes anything from anyone just to say afterwards: Hey I made this all on my own.
    Today this is very seldom that someone creates music or art without inspirations of anyone else... what a pity I don't play WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. trust me, i am totally cool with it. I just like to see the links. I like see how art influenced other art. it is sort of like watching art evolution. I am all for it. My detective side likes to look into these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)

    ReplyDelete